Posted: March 31, 2018
SQL Server on Linux
Since 2017 CU4, the SQL Server Agent is no longer a seperate package.
To enable SQL Server Agent:
- sudo /opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf set sqlagent.enabled true
- sudo systemctl restart mssql-server
- During setup export MSSQL_AGENT_ENABLED=’true’
Replication Agents on Linux are in preview aka.ms/sqleap
- Replication Agents are packaged in the server package.
- Replication can be setup across Windows/Linux and use AD Auth
- Docker support is currently being tested and will come soon.
- Replication Agents on Linux can be managed via SSMS on Windows and normally tools as mainly done via stored procs
- Snapshot,Transactional and Merge Replication are supported
- Publisher,Distribtutor or Subscriber can be on Linux
- SQLOps Studio can be used to configure snapshot replication via stored procs