SQL Server on Linux updatePosted: March 31, 2018 Filed under: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Replication, SQL Server on Linux | Tags: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server Linux, SQL Server Replication Leave a comment
SQL Server on Linux
Since 2017 CU4, the SQL Server Agent is no longer a seperate package.
To enable SQL Server Agent:
- sudo /opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf set sqlagent.enabled true
- sudo systemctl restart mssql-server
- During setup export MSSQL_AGENT_ENABLED=’true’
Replication Agents on Linux are in preview aka.ms/sqleap
- Replication Agents are packaged in the server package.
- Replication can be setup across Windows/Linux and use AD Auth
- Docker support is currently being tested and will come soon.
- Replication Agents on Linux can be managed via SSMS on Windows and normally tools as mainly done via stored procs
- Snapshot,Transactional and Merge Replication are supported
- Publisher,Distribtutor or Subscriber can be on Linux
- SQLOps Studio can be used to configure snapshot replication via stored procs
SQL Server on Linux – new command line tools.Posted: May 28, 2017 Filed under: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2017, SQL Server on Linux, Uncategorized | Tags: Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SQL Server 2017 Leave a comment
I have been playing with the new SQL Server on Linux command line tools
Very nice that sql-scripter has an option to limit output to a given SQL Server Version and even better Edition although did find an issue with this option and will be providing feedback to Microsoft.
SQL Server on Linux – SQL Server 2017 goes cross platform!Posted: May 23, 2017 Filed under: Linux, Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Server on Linux, Uncategorized | Tags: Linux, Microsoft SQL Server Leave a comment
Here are the slides for my recent talks on SQL Server on Linux – SQL Server 2017 goes cross platform!