SQL Server on Linux
Since 2017 CU4, the SQL Server Agent is no longer a seperate package.
To enable SQL Server Agent:
- sudo /opt/mssql/bin/mssql-conf set sqlagent.enabled true
- sudo systemctl restart mssql-server
- During setup export MSSQL_AGENT_ENABLED=’true’
Replication Agents on Linux are in preview aka.ms/sqleap
- Replication Agents are packaged in the server package.
- Replication can be setup across Windows/Linux and use AD Auth
- Docker support is currently being tested and will come soon.
- Replication Agents on Linux can be managed via SSMS on Windows and normally tools as mainly done via stored procs
- Snapshot,Transactional and Merge Replication are supported
- Publisher,Distribtutor or Subscriber can be on Linux
- SQLOps Studio can be used to configure snapshot replication via stored procs
Updated Linux kernel patches and added HardenedBSD.
- Cloud Providers – Linode,Open Telekom Cloud
- Hypervisor – QEMU
- Operating Systems – FreeBSD,OpenBSD,Gentoo,Container Linux (CoreOS)
- Userland – GCC compiler,WebKit
- Misc Vendor fixes – Raspberry Pi
Updated Linux kernel patches with more information
Windows Proccess Monitor – https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
- Oracle Sparc,RISC-V
- Oracle,Nexenta,Scality,Pure Storage,Wonderware,Rockwell Automation,Synology,F5,Qubes,Qubes,Fortinet,Netap
Updated Google cloud section to mention Retpoline a compile time fix for Variant 2 (part of Spectre) with “almost no performance loss.”